Monday, November 16, 2020

INDIAN LAKE




 Dear Kema,

I appreciate your comment on Indian Lakes album. You can see that the location offers tremendous opportunities for photos. I've been going there off and on for over three years. Indian Lake is less than 10 miles from home in a State Forest.   

About a month ago when I visited I found that the water level was way up. In fact I couldn't walk all of the way around the lake because of flooding. It turns out that there is a prairie, something like Paynes prairie, which drains into the lake. Apparently the prairie had accumulated so much rainwater that the lake took the overflow. Within a few weeks the water had receded; maybe it found its way into the aquifer.

I keep finding more places to take little hikes around here. I'm always glad to find another opportunity to take a picture. My android cell phone sends the photos right to my computer and stores them in Google Photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment