Saturday, November 14, 2020

CREATIVITY

The evening before my sister went into the hospital suffering form a ruptured appendix I talked to her on the phone. She didn't say a thing about feeling sick. We talked about the normal things which interested us - family, activities, weather, memories. As the conversation was ending I remember saying to her that she and I spent our time doing completely different things. She continued to be involved primarily with quilting and gardening. I had given up sewing and my yard got minimal attention. Now my time was occupied with studying and writing for maintaining the Blake blog. However as I thought about it later I realized how similar our activities were at a deeper level. We were both gathering together material from whatever source we could find and assembling the pieces into a whole which was greater than the sum of the parts. The pieces of fabric and the plants were the material from which she created the designs which came from her imagination, just as surely as were my posts to the blog coming from thoughts and ideas which my imagination assembled.         

No comments:

Post a Comment