Thursday, April 21, 2022

JUNG & SPIRIT

The Descent of Peace by William Blake

On the Night of Christ's Nativity by John Milton

  

Some people question the Christianity of Carl Jung. He divided his religious life from his professional life, but in later years he became more open about revealing his inner relationship to God . Although he never spoke of his religion in the conventional religious terminology that had been used by his family for generations, he said enough to show that he had a faith that was deep and personal.


"When John Freeman asked Jung in a 1959 BBC interview if he believed in God, he answered, "I don't need to believe....I know," thereby landing himself in controversy again."

"The divine Presence is more than anything else. There is more than one way to the rediscovery of the 'genus divinum' in us. This is the only thing that matters....I wanted the proof of a living Spirit and I got it....Don't ask me at what price....I don't want to prescribe a way to other people, because I know that my way has been prescribed to me by a hand far above my reach. I know it all sounds so damned grand. I am sorry that it does, but I don't mean it. It is grand and I am only trying to be a decent tool and don't feel grand at all."

Quoted from letter to Fr. Victor White.

This sounds like a man who knew the Spirit within. Jesus didn't ask for more than that.

Quotes from CARL JUNG: WOUNDED HEALER OF THE SOUL by Claire Dunne


No comments:

Post a Comment