Sunday, January 2, 2022

JANUARY 2, 2022

Although I attended a small indoor Quaker Meeting last Sunday, I choose today to respect the spread of the Omicron variant of the virus and stay away from people until the outbreak seems to be under control.   

I knew I could find a lovely quiet place in Old Salem to enjoy the silence on this the first First Day of 2020. The campus of Salem Academy offered the perfect place.

 This is where I sat to meditate.



The walkways lead to an amphitheater.

I didn't go all the way down because I didn't want to climb back up.

The spring house marks the original water source for the town of Salem.

Beautiful old trees and shrubs are everywhere.

Adjacent to the campus of Salem Academy (begun in 1772) is the traditional Moravian burial ground - God's Acre.




2 comments: