Tuesday, November 6, 2018

NOVEMBER 2017


On Nov 13, 2017, at 5:37 PM, Eleanor Clayton <eachone@earthlink.net> wrote:

 Copy of letter to family:
 I arrived home yesterday (Oct 10) at about 6 PM. I drove from Signal
 Mountain in about 11 hours. The driving was not as tiring as I expected
 it to be. I was 3 days on the road and 4 days at Joel's. If she had put
 me to work in the house and the yard I would have stayed longer but she
 likes to do everything herself in her own way.

> Hugh and Alison are going to build a new, larger home on Signal
> Mountain. Joel plans to build on the lot next to them. She hasn't told
> many friends about her plans yet but I suppose it is OK to tell family.
> They will be moving into a new development in which the homes are
> constructed by the developer. The date construction will begin has not
> been determined but the streets are built, the lots are cleared and the
> underground utilities are laid. I think construction will start on their
> houses in the first half of 2018.


> I enjoyed seeing Clemson and Brevard. Some ashes were spread at the
> cemetery of the Old Stone Church near the house we owned in Clemson. A
> relative of Larry's was the first pastor in 1797. I also sprinkled ashes
> in the gardens on the campus. The next morning I drove to Brevard and
> had a biscuit at the Burger King Dad and I frequented. I them went into
> the Pisgah Forest of deliver ashes into the creeks whose waters
> eventually flow into the Missdissippi River and the Gulf of Mexico.


> I found my way to Joel's house by instinct because I had forgotten
> highway names and landmarks. That was a long day but everything came
> together as I hoped it would. During my visit Joel fed me well and we
> did recollecting. I got to visit with Hugh, Alison and Ethan more than I
> expected to. I'm glad I renewed those family ties which form the
> foundation of who I am and how I fit into where I come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment