Sunday, February 7, 2016

feb 7

Today we had a good Friend's Meeting:
Present Mark, Mary,Ruth and Ellie and Larry.
After my interrogations Mark told me  a good bit about himself:
He was perhaps born in Pittsburg; his father had some sort of pipeing? employment, a religious man he talked Mark into going to
Kenyon College, hoping he might go to seminary there. But Mark had other plans.

I managed to get Mark to stay for the second hour (he always brought food). I continued to draw him out although the others, especially Ruth preferred to do her own talking. (Ellie thought I had overdone it.)

It's always the same in social activity; people grow together with their close associates and ignore the one not in their group.

Blair Reed told this story; Just as so often happens to me he found himself outside, so he stuck his hand out in the middle of the group and cried loudly "I'm Blair Reid"

No comments:

Post a Comment