Friday, November 20, 2015

lily of the Valley

  1. I’ve found a friend in Jesus, He’s everything to me,
    He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
    The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
    All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
    In sorrow He’s my comfort, in trouble He’s my stay;
    He tells me every care on Him to roll.
    • Refrain:
      He’s the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
      He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
  2. He all my grief has taken, and all my sorrows borne;
    In temptation He’s my strong and mighty tow’r;
    I’ve all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn
    From my heart and now He keeps me by His pow’r.
    Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore,
    Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.



From  wiki

Legend and tradition[edit]

Christian legend[edit]

The flower is also known as Our Lady's tears or Mary's tears from Christian legends that it sprang from the weeping of the Virgin Maryduring the crucifixion of Jesus. Other etiologies have its coming into being from Eve's tears after she was driven with Adam from theGarden of Eden[26] or from the blood shed by Saint Leonard of Noblac during his battles with a dragon.[citation needed]
The name "lily of the valley" is used in some English translations of the Bible in Song of Songs 2:1, but the Hebrew phrase "shoshannat-ha-amaqim" in the original text (literally "lily of the valleys") does not refer to this plant. It is possible, though, that the biblical phrase may have had something to do with the origin or development of the modern plant-name.
It is a symbol of humility in religious painting. Lily of the valley is considered the sign of Christ's second coming. The power of men to envision a better world was also attributed to the lily of the valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment